June 10, 2016

Being 25

Salam.

Welcome to another birthday post of mine! There's nothing new to report, but a year has passed from my last birthday post. This is going to be a very short post, as there's nothing much to talk about, really. I'm celebrating my birthday, alone, while fasting & with eating window of only 5 hours. Literally, I'm still full from my iftar but I still need to eat something for my suhoor, so yeah. I will try to bake my birthday cake (a simple cheesecake with raspberry compote) because no matter what, a birthday should have a cake! I'll put the recipe at the bottom of this post, just because, and it's something like a birthday gift from me to my blog.

Highlights from my last birthday would be I'm in Salford now, 3 months away from finishing my studies. Next would be all the places I've visited in the last 9 months (I couldn't log everything, I'm very sorry). Pretty much that's it! Told ya, it's nothing much. But, I did logged my EU Trip (Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3) but Part 4 is still being written, I couldn't find time to finish it.  Plus, I went to my 2nd KPOP concert that is B.A.P concert in London (LOE London 2016), I probably will log about it, but don't hold it though, I might not! I even visited Harry Potter studio while I'm in London (again, I might log about it, I may not please spare me).

I'll be celebrating Eid with couple of my Malaysian friends, luckily I met them like I celebrated my Eid Adh alone and I have classes on that day too. Sigh, again luckily for Eid Fitr, I don't have classes but I will be submitting my proposal 2 days after Eid. I probably won't be celebrating like I usually did in Malaysia, just a simple food spread & gathering with friends.

With that, Happy 25th Birthday dear self. You have come a long way, you can do this you are more than capable of doing this. Chin up, shoulders straight, smile. Life is good, dear self, life is good.

Happy birthday <3









~~***~~

Simple Cheesecake 
(Taken from: CakeAddicted.com)
**For a 7-inch pan**
.
600g cream cheese
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
Lemon zest from 1 lemon
2 cup cookie crumble
1/2 cup (113g) butter, melted
.
Preheat oven @ 180℃. Melt butter, mix with crumbled cookie, pressed into buttered springform/loose based 7-inch pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 150℃.
.
Mix cream cheese & sugar+salt until well blended. Just use a whisk or wooden spoon (seriously). Mix in sour cream & flour. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Fold in lemon zest. Pour into baked crust. Bake for 60 minutes, cake should set around the edges but still jiggly & wiggly in the centre. Turn off the oven, left the cake to cool in the oven for an hour or so. Popped into fridge to chill for minimum 4 hours before cutting into it.
.
Notes: I used fan forced oven for this. I might need to tweak the baking time when I'm back to using electric oven. But start checking from 45 minutes mark.