December 31, 2015

2015, ends here

Salam.

Hello humans! I've just got back from my short europe trip, finished unpacking and dusting the room, and had my dinner (shin ramyun FTW), catchup with all the gaya daejuns performances and 10 minutes in 1N2D. It's 9:50pm on new year's eve, and i'm sleepy like.. very sleepy.

I started 2015 in my room, in USJ, my lovely comfy room, and now I'm ending 2015 in my Salford room, which is cold where I'm sitting now, but my bed is superrrr warm and cosy (i am so tempted to jump into the bed and sleep now). things has been going on pretty well, my uncle in Luton said I looked way happier than I was when he last saw me in Malaysia (thats like in August), and I can say, I am happy where I am now. Living here, out of nowhere tercampak di bumi Salford, Manchester, alone with no family or friends nearby (everyone is nearby through whatsapp and skype, but still...). It's hard at first, but 3 months plus in, I am at a very comfortable place with this whole migration thing.

As some people might know, I do have plan to living here (as in working here and building my life here) after masters ended. I've been thinking a lot.. especially after I had a long talk with my aunt who's living in Luton (30 minutes out of London) about the pros and cons of settling down here. I might take this thing seriously, but my mom might kill me if I tell her. She's already been very reluctant when I keep on talking about not getting married and settling down in UK for good, and also bringing both of my parents here to live with me. I took two months to make her understand and approve my decision to pursue my masters here, i might need a year or more to convince her to come and live with me here.

Good news is, there's a lot of job opportunities here, for a QS especially, but that won't be using my masters degree, I probably would only have to show my undergraduate degree to apply for the jobs. but still there's a lot of choice, and I am not worried about job openings tho. What I worried the most is, whether or not this is the correct, or the right path of my life.

Coming here in 2015 was actually not in the plan, as my original plan is early 2016, but I guess, God is trying to tell me something when he 'moves' my heart to push for Sept 2015..

Anywaysss, thats 2015 for me. Had a job, quit the job, flew thousands miles away, adjusting to new environment, living the life, been to few europe countries, learn how to cook to feed myself.. what an accomplishment.

/I'll write up a quick post about our EU trip soon, just don't wait for it, I might not even do it, but I'll try/

See you in 2016.
InsyaAllah.